Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finding My Passion...

I'm working on it, Oprah. On more than one occasion, I've heard you say that the key to happiness and success in life is to "find your passion" - the thing that moves you and touches you and motivates you - then focus on that, work on it, and build on it. So I've started a list and perhaps when I finish, I'll be able to come up with an answer for myself. I'm sure there will be additions and revisions, but these are some of the things, not necessarily in order of importance or priority, that define "me"...

MY PASSION...a work in progress

My passion is life, not death
My passion is truth, not lies
My passion is music, not noise
My passion is calm, not chaos
My passion is harmony, not discord
My passion is light, not darkness
My passion is giving, not taking
My passion is strength, not weakness
My passion is wellness, not sickness
My passion is healing, not hurting
My passion is wholeness, not brokenness
My passion is love, not hate
My passion is forgiveness, not unforgiveness
My passion is grace, not disgrace
My passion is justice, not punishment
My passion is mercy, not cruelty
My passion is humility, not pride
My passion is hope, not despair
My passion is faith, not fear
My passion is belief, not doubt
My passion is being, not just doing
My passion is doing, not just saying
My passion is encouragement, not belittlement
My passion is sharing, not greed
My passion is building up, not tearing down
My passion is honor, not dishonor
My passion is to serve, not just be served
My passion is trust, not distrust
My passion is wisdom, not foolishness
My passion is knowledge, not ignorance
My passion is joy, not sorrow
My passion is freedom, not bondage
My passion is celebrating, not mourning
My passion is salvation, not condemnation
My passion is Jesus Christ, not Satan
My passion is Heaven, not Hell...

( © Post and photo by CJ ~ please do not copy)