Friday, May 6, 2011

My Morning Prayer...

(I snapped this photo as I was going down the interstate at 70 mph)

Lord,  you are not some god I keep in my pocket
to touch for good luck
and speak to only when I need help in times of trouble
or bring out to try to convince myself that I am better than others.


You are my constant companion
day and night,
during good times and bad,
in times of celebration or mourning.


Through our daily conversations
and times of quiet reflection,
we have become so close
I can't even begin to imagine my life without You.


You are so many things to me -
My Savior, My Lord, My Father,
My King, My Rock, My Shelter,
My Strength, My Hope, My Healer. 


I am amazed by You
and the way my eyes have become Your eyes,
seeing the world you created
and all people in a whole new way.


The way you have taken my thoughts
and replaced them with Yours
is something I don't understand
but am so thankful for.


I could never have imagined
how you could take my heart
and fill it with so much love, mercy and compassion
that there would be no room for hatred, bitterness, or unforgiveness.


When others say to me
"I don't know how you do it."
I'm truly sincere when I tell them that
the words and responses are not my own, but Yours.


You've brought peace
during turbulent times in my life,
Light when there was darkness,
and Hope when all hope seemed lost.


I believe You
when you say You will never leave me nor forsake me,
and I know that as long as I walk and talk with You
I have nothing and no one to fear.


You are the Beginning and the End!
There is no other like you.
I love You, I adore You, I worship You, I praise You
for Who You Are.


Let my life be Yours.
May I see with Your eyes and hear with Your ears,
walk with Your feet, work with Your hands,
and let my voice be Your voice.


When others see me,
cover and hide my faults and imperfections
and everything that is not of You,
and just let them see You, Jesus!


All glory and honor and praise be to You, my Lord!  Amen.


( © Post and photo by C.J. - please do not copy)