Did you wake up this morning to a messy house, with dirty dishes, dirty laundry strewn everywhere, toys scattered about, tv blaring or children arguing? Are you overwhelmed at the thought of trying to take care of everything and everyone else, get to work on time, be chef, chauffeur, banker, nurse, and counselor?
Take a moment and think...
- You have a home and bed to sleep in...be thankful.
- You see the mess because you still have your sense of vision...be thankful.
- You have dirty dishes because you have food to eat...be thankful.
- You know there is spoiled food to be thrown away because you still have a keen sense of smell...be thankful.
- You can enjoy a hot cup of coffee amidst the mess because you can feel the warmth of the mug in your hands and you can taste its wonderful flavor...be thankful.
- You have dirty laundry because you have clothes to wear...be thankful.
- There are toys on the floor and you receive random hugs from little arms because you were able to have children...be thankful.
- You know the tv is on and your kids are talking, laughing, or arguing because you have your sense of hearing...be thankful.
- You can walk to the mailbox to mail out the monthly payments because your feet and legs still work...be thankful.
- You maintain a calendar, an organizer, a scheduler because you can think and are involved in the lives of others...be thankful.
- You can be chef, chauffeur, banker, nurse, counselor, etc. because you have been blessed with the necessary material and financial means, the education, and common sense...be thankful.
You don't have to look too far to see others who DON'T have these things...so even on days when you are feeling overwhelmed, simply exhausted, or at your wit's end...you can, and should, be thankful...