Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gordie Haverty August 28, 1953 ~ March 30, 2001

How ironic...or not...that I would have thought of HIM on this particular morning.  I posted my previous entry today without consciously remembering.  It wasn't until I read his sister, Angi's, post on facebook just a few moments ago that I realized - that today is the anniversary date of the passing of a man who was so kind, gentle, sweet, sensitive, funny, ornery, loving, generous, adventurous, brave, and forgiving, among other things.  He had one of the biggest hearts and greatest senses of humor of anyone I've ever met.  He was my husband's best friend since high school, the best man in our wedding, and someone we could always depend on to be there if we ever needed anything...anytime...anywhere.  He was definitely one-of-a-kind.

A part of him lives on in the hearts and lives of all who knew and loved him, and even those whom he never had an opportunity to meet, at least on this earth...his wonderful handsome grandsons.  Because he had surrendered his heart and life to the Lord, we shall see him again someday.  He is waiting for all of us with a great big smile and a hearty laugh, twinkling eyes, and arms wide open!

( © Post by CJ Taylor ~ please do not copy)